Mahindra has revealed an all-new SUV proving track ahead of the global premier of the XUV700. This new track, called the Mahindra SUV Proving Track (MSPT) is located at Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu and will be instrumental in the development of all future SUVs by Mahindra.
- 454-acre facility houses 20 purpose-built tracks
- Located 55km away from Mahindra Research Valley
- Has an in-house fuel station as well
Mahindra SUV Proving Track (MSPT): what is it?
The all-new SUV proving track by Mahindra has been built by Larsen and Tubro (L&T) and has been designed by IDIADA, (Institutd' Investigació Aplicada de l'Automòbil - Institute for Applied Automotive Research).This new 454-acre facility will also house the 4X4 Centre of Excellence, developed specially for off-roading. It will not only be used for vehicle development but will also be thrown open to enthusiasts next year.
The MSPT is also just 55km away from the Mahindra Research Valley, situated near Chennai, which is home for almost all vehicle development carried out by Mahindra in India.This new track will help the engineers at Mahindra Research Valley to extensively test the product and also ready them for homologation process.
Mahindra SUV Proving Track (MSPT): more details
The 454-acre MSPT, apart from the 4X4 centre, also has 20 purpose-built tracks. These include zero percent slope, high speed test with a 43.7-degree parabolic banking setup for higher neutral speed testing. Vehicles on this track can reach over 200kph on the straight high-speed road.
- Additionally, an arrow straight 2 km, 11m wide road with zero percent longitudinal slope is built for performance and coast down measurements.
- The circular dynamic platform that spans 250 metres in diametre is meant for vehicle dynamics development and evaluation.
- A Braking pad with 6 different surfaces, and, dry and wet tracks is built to test braking, ABS, ESP and TCS.
- A General Highway Durability track and a Simulated City track are built for simulating public road durability.
- An Accelerated test track which has all imaginable bad road surfaces including potholes, undulations, Belgian pavement, cobble stone, rumblers and various kinds of wash board and speed breakers are factored into it.
- The MSPT can simulate rain, water wading and water splash. Also, it can simulate dust storms in a chamber.
- MSPT also houses a full vehicle corrosion test facility with humidity chamber.
- The 4X4 experience centre consists of the 4X4 Adventure track that has over 25 obstacles to test 4X4 and AWD vehicles.
- Exclusive prototype workshops, a health centre and an administration tower that can house over 200 engineers completes the MSPT facility.
- And yes, MSPT has its own fuel station.
Mahindra XUV700: global unveil today
Mahindra has taken the wraps off the new XUV700. Read full story here.