Maruti and TVS walked away with top honours at the Autocar India Awards 2017, with the Maruti Vitara Brezza and the TVS Apache RTR 200 receiving the 2017 Car of the Year and Bike of the Year awards, respectively.
Apart from taking home the top honours, the Vitara Brezza also proved popular amongst our readers, being crowned as the Viewers' Choice Car of the Year. The Brezza’s accomplishments, however, didn’t end as it bagged the Compact SUV of the Year award too. In similar fashion, the Apache RTR 200 was adjudged the Viewers' Choice Bike of the Year.
Last year’s winner, the Renault Kwid, didn’t go home empty handed with the new 1.0-litre AMT model bagging the Variant of the Year award at this year’s edition. In the compact car segment it was the Tiago that took home the prize with the hatchback also proving to be the best car for the buck by being adjudged the winner in the Value for Money Car of the Year.
For 2017, it was Hyundai that was adjudged as the ‘Manufacturer of the Year’ with the automaker’s new Elantra being adjudged the Sedan of the Year.
In the other awards, the Innova Crysta dethroned the Renault Lodgy as the MPV of the Year, while Honda’s latest Accord was adjudged the Green Car of the Year. In the performance categories, the VW Polo GTI and Audi R8 were awarded the Performance Hatchback of the Year and Performance Car of the Year awards, respectively, with the iconic Ford Mustang slipping in to bag the award for Sportscar of the Year.
Other winners in the four-wheeler categories included the Ford Endeavour, the luxurious Mercedes GLC, the new Volvo S90 and the Skoda Super. In the two-wheeler categories, the Aprilia SR 150 was awarded the Scooter of the Year, while the Ducati 959 took the award for the best import bike.
This year also included a motorsports award with Mahindra Racing being adjudged winners for their string of successes in motorsport events on the global stage.
2017 AUTOCAR AWARDS WINNERS
1. Car of the Year – Maruti Vitara Brezza
2. Bike of the Year – TVS Apache RTR 200
3. Viewers' Choice Car of the Year – Maruti Vitara Brezza
4. Viewers' Choice Bike of the Year - TVS Apache RTR 200
5. Best Design & Styling – Volvo S90
6. Best Value for Money Car of the Year – Tata Tiago
7. Variant of the Year – Renault Kwid 1.0 Easy-R
8. Manufacturer of the Year – Hyundai Motor India
9. Green Car of the Year – Honda Accord Hybrid
10. Performance Car of the Year – Audi R8 V10 Plus
11. Compact Car of the Year – Tata Tiago
12. Performance Hatchback of the Year – Volkswagen GTI
13. Sedan of the Year – Hyundai Elantra
14. Entry Luxury Sedan of the Year – Skoda Superb
15. Premium Luxury Sedan of the Year – Volvo S90
16. MUV of the Year – Toyota Innova Crysta
17. Compact SUV of the Year – Maruti Vitara Brezza
18. Premium SUV of the Year – Ford Endeavour
19. Luxury SUV of the Year – Mercedes GLC
20. Sportscar of the Year – Ford Mustang GT
21. Scooter of the Year – Aprilia SR 150
22. Premium Bike of the Year – Triumph Bonneville Street Twin
23. Import Bike of the Year – Ducati 959 Panigale
24. Motorsport Award – Mahindra Racing
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.