Hero ties up with Magneti Marelli

    Hero MotoCorp ties up with Italian firm Magneti Marelli to co-produce fuelling systems for its bikes.

    Published On Dec 03, 2013 11:16:00 PM

    3,919 Views

    Hero ties up with Magneti Marelli

    World’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp has formed a joint venture with Magneti Marelli to develop new fuelling systems and engine technology for its motorcycles and scooters. 

    This new entity will be known as HMC-MM Auto Ltd, where Hero will hold majority stake of 60 percent, while the remaining 40 percent will belong to Magneti Marelli. Over the next three years Hero and Magneti Marelli will invest close to Rs 530 crores in 60/40 ratio, while the total investment over the next ten years is estimated to be around Rs 1,700 crores. 

    HMC-MM will also open an autonomous development centre which will help develop products for different markets around the world. Along with electronic fuel injection systems, Hero through this JV will also develop immobilisers, traction and slip control, multi map, flexi and multi fuel management systems. 

    Also, Hero’s research and development facility at its Gurgaon and Dharuhera plant which employs over 400 engineers will soon shift to its Global Innovation and Research and Design Centre in at Kukas, Rajasthan.

    Copyright (c) Autocar India. All rights reserved.

    Comments
    ×
    img

    No comments yet. Be the first to comment.

    Ask Autocar Anything about Car and Bike Buying and Maintenance Advices
    Need an expert opinion on your car and bike related queries?
    Ask Now
    Search By Bike Price
    Poll of the month

    The Mahindra Scorpio N prices are very close to those of the XUV700. Which Mahindra SUV would you buy?

    Scorpio N

     

    37.81%

    XUV700

     

    62.19%

    Total Votes : 3925
    Sign up for our newsletter

    Get all the latest updates from the automobile universe