Kolkata Police introduce “One Time Traffic Fine Settlement Scheme”

    Vehicle owners can now settle their outstanding traffic fines at a discounted rate.

    Published On Nov 29, 2018 02:44:00 PM


    Kolkata Police have come up with an innovative solution to collect pending traffic fines from motorists. The “One Time Traffic Fine Settlement Scheme” will allow vehicle owners to pay all of their outstanding fines at a discounted rate.

    The scheme, which comprises of two phases, will start on December 1, 2018 and remain operational till February 13, 2019. Motorists will have the opportunity to clear all traffic cases registered up to November 15, 2018.

    Phase 1 of the scheme will run from December 1, 2018 until January 14, 2019. During this 45-day span, vehicle owners will only have to pay 35 percent of their total dues. The remaining 65 percent of the fines will be waived off.

    Similarly, Phase 2 will be operational from January 15, 2019 to February 13, 2019, where people will have to pay 50 percent of their total pending fines. The remaining 50 percent shall be waived off by the Kolkata Police.

    Motorists can pay their fines online on the Kolkata Traffic Police website or offline at all the 25 traffic guards and at Lal Bazar as well. This scheme was introduced by the Kolkata Police as traffic fines were piling up. The police will initiate legal action against the motorists who fail to settle their fines during this period.

    Copyright (c) Autocar India. All rights reserved.


    No comments yet. Be the first to comment.

    Ask Autocar Anything about Car and Bike Buying and Maintenance Advices
    Need an expert opinion on your car and bike related queries?
    Ask Now
    Search By Car Price
    Poll of the month

    ADAS is becoming increasingly common. What is your opinion on this safety tech?

    It is a helpful safety feature that can save lives



    It is of limited use and not suited for Indian conditions



    It is a good feature but costs too much



    Total Votes : 960
    Sign up for our newsletter

    Get all the latest updates from the automobile universe