Force India confirms 2011 drivers

    Sutil, di Resta and Hulkenberg form the 2011 drivers at Force India.

    Published On Jan 27, 2011 08:00:00 AM

    1,754 Views

    Force India confirms 2011 drivers

    Paul di Resta will join Adrian Sutil at the Force India team for the 2011 season, Force India has finally confirmed. Di Resta, this year’s DTM champion, was Force India's third driver during the 2010 season and has been linked with the racing seat for months.
     
    "Last year I became third driver here and good things happened, so here's hoping we get more good things," said di Resta during a news conference at the Whyte and Mackay offices in Glasgow.
     
    The Scot will make his F1 racing debut at the Bahrain Grand Prix on March 13, 2011.
    Former Williams driver Nico Hulkenberg will be the team's reserve driver after being unable to find a racing seat for the upcoming season.
     
    "I'm happy to be in an F1 team and Force India has shown some good progress for a young team," the German said.
     

    The announcement means Italian Tonio Liuzzi is leaving the team, despite having a contract for this year. 

    Copyright (c) Autocar India. All rights reserved.

    Comments

    ×
    img

    No comments yet. Be the first to comment.

    Ask Autocar Anything about Car and Bike Buying and Maintenance Advices
    Need an expert opinion on your car and bike related queries?
    Ask Now

    Search By Car Price

    Poll of the month

    What do you think of Lewis Hamilton’s move to Ferrari?

    He’ll win his 8th F1 title with Ferrari

     

    35.14%

    He should have stayed with Mercedes

     

    19.60%

    No difference; Verstappen will still win the title

     

    45.26%

    Total Votes : 959
    Sign up for our newsletter

    Get all the latest updates from the automobile universe