Narain to race in Auto GP at Marrakech

Narain to race in Auto GP at Marrakech

4th Apr 2013 8:01 pm

The former HRT Grand Prix driver competed in last month's Monza opener after agreeing a late one-round deal to drive for Michael Zele's team.

Narain Karthikeyan has confirmed that he will continue in Auto GP with Zele Racing at Marrakech this weekend.

The former HRT Grand Prix driver competed in last month's Monza opener after agreeing a late one-round deal to drive for Michael Zele's team.

"I have just confirmed that I will do the race in Morocco," Karthikeyan told AUTOSPORT on Wednesday. "It will [continue to] be a race-by race deal, I think."

A fifth place in the Monza opener, achieved after charging from the back of the grid, and a retirement from race two with brake failure left the Indian seventh in the Auto GP drivers' standings.

The continued short term arrangement with Zele keeps Karthikeyan's options open, although the 36-year-old admits there are no firm plans to switch to another category.

"Nothing much else is happening at the moment so I guess this keeps my eye in and helps stay race fit," said Karthikeyan.

After skipping round one at Monza to compete in the clashing GP2 race in Malaysia,Daniel de Jong is set to join the Auto GP grid in Morocco as a third Manor MP Motorsport entry.

Copyright (c) Autosport. All rights reserved.


Tell us what you think.