Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo has been excluded from the Australian Grand Prix after breaching fuel consumption rules. The Australian crossed the line second, behind race winner Nico Rosberg of Mercedes.
The sport's governing body, the FIA, has installed a fuel-flow sensor in each car to ensure teams do not exceed the maximum fuel-flow rate of 100kg/h.
Stewards said Ricciardo's car exceeded the rate "consistently". Red Bull say they will appeal.
McLaren's Kevin Magnussen has been promoted to second with his team-mate Jenson Button moving up to third.
But Red Bull boss Christian Horner insisted the team had complied with the regulations, adding that the fuel sensors have caused problems since their introduction.
"I'm extremely disappointed, quite surprised and we will of course appeal," said Horner.
Revised results: 2014 Australian GP
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1h32m58.710s
2. Kevin Magnussen McLaren-Mercedes +26.777s
3. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes +30.027s
4. Fernando Alonso Ferrari +35.284s
5. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Mercedes +47.639s
6. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes +50.718s
7. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari +57.675s
8. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Renault +1m00.441s
9. Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso-Renault +1m03.585s
10. Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes +1m25.916s
11. Adrian Sutil Sauber-Ferrari +1 lap
12. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari +1 lap
13. Max Chilton Marussia-Ferrari +2 laps
14. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Ferrari +8 laps*
* Not classified