Sebastien Buemi continued to set the pace on the fourth day of official Formula E testing at Donington Park on Thursday.
The e.dams driver, who was fastest on day three, improved to 1m31.083s to set a new category benchmark.
Abt's Lucas di Grassi had bettered Buemi's previous fastest time with a 1m31.282s run in the morning session, but was pushed back to second by the ex-F1 driver's later effort.
Buemi, who has now topped three of the four days of Formula E testing so far, said: "This morning we concentrated on race pace, putting in lots of laps and finding the best balance with the temperatures of the tyres and battery.
"We continued to focus on race pace in the afternoon, as well as qualifying runs. Credit again has to go to the team for giving me such a good car and the confidence to push and we'll now see how we can improve for the next one."
Di Grassi, who ended up almost 0.4s clear of China Racing's Jerome d'Ambrosio, believes the test is more important for understanding the car's systems, rather than going for outright pace.
"We are making good progress every test and every time I get in the car," said di Grassi.
"We understand the car a little better but it's difficult to do a lot of representative work at Donington compared to some of the circuits we will race on throughout the season.
"The most important thing is to learn about the battery, the motor and tyre pressures but not necessarily fine tuning set-up at this track."
Andretti Autosport's Scott Speed and Virgin Racing's Sam Bird were the only other drivers under 1m32s, while ex-F1 drivers Nick Heidfeld (Venturi), Jarno Trulli (Trulli) and Bruno Senna (Mahindra) rounded out the top 10.
Indian Karun Chandhok ended the test 13th, 1.9 seconds off the fastest time.
The fifth and final test is scheduled to take place on August 19.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Sebastien Buemi e.dams 1m31.083s 44
2. Lucas di Grassi Abt 1m31.282s +0.199s 54
3. Jerome d'Ambrosio China 1m31.651s +0.568s 39
4. Scott Speed Andretti 1m31.810s +0.727s 46
5. Sam Bird Virgin 1m31.895s +0.812s 51
6. Daniel Abt Abt 1m32.080s +0.997s 57
7. Nicolas Prost e.dams 1m32.124s +1.041s 48
8. Nick Heidfeld Venturi 1m32.126s +1.043s 78
9. Jarno Trulli Trulli 1m32.479s +1.396s 38
10. Bruno Senna Mahindra 1m32.506s +1.423s 51
11. Franck Montagny Andretti 1m32.512s +1.429s 50
12. Jaime Alguersuari Virgin 1m32.583s +1.500s 28
13. Karun Chandhok Mahindra 1m33.019s +1.936s 46
14. Oriol Servia Dragon 1m33.083s +2.000s 46
15. Juan Manuel Lopez China 1m33.425s +2.342s 46
16. Michela Cerruti Trulli 1m33.544s +2.461s 31
17. Mike Conway Dragon 1m33.692s +2.609s 31
18. Katherine Legge Aguri 1m33.778s +2.695s 17
19. Fabio Leimer Aguri 1m38.988s +7.905s 39