Dark Don Racing’s Arya Singh triumphed in wet conditions to win two LGB Formula 4 races at the penultimate round of the JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship.
While Ruhaan Alva continued his impressive form in the Novice Cup class, Jaden R. Pariat also added his name to the list of winner. The Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup, meanwhile, was dominated by Anish D. Shetty.
- Penalty ends Alva’s victory streak
- Shetty wins both Continental GT Cup races
LGB Formula 4
As the most experienced drivers of the lot, the LGB Formula 4 grid tackled the wet track at Coimbatore first. Race 1 was held behind the safety car and later under yellow flags for the first four laps. Ultimately, it was Singh who aced driving in the tricky conditions to pick up his first win of the season.
He followed that up with another win the next day, with a dominant display in Race 3. The second race was won by Ahura Racing’s Amir Syed, after some smart defending.
1. Arya Singh (Dark Don Racing) – 31mins 42:851secs
2. Raghul Rangasamy (MSport) – 31mins 43.995secs
3. Ashwin Datta (Dark Don Racing) – 31mins 47.041secs
1. Amir Sayed (Ahura Racing) – 20mins 15.250secs
2. Vishnu Prasad (MSport) – 20mins 22.423secs
3. T.S. Diljith (Dark Don Racing) – 20mins 27.850secs
1. Arya Singh (Dark Don Racing) – 23mins 09.491secs
2. Sandeep Kumar (Dark Don Racing) – 23mins 10.672secs
3. T.S. Diljith (Dark Don Racing) – 23mins 10.824secs
Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup
Due to heavy rains, the Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup races were moved to Sunday. Anish D. Shetty stamped his authority, winning both the races. But it wasn’t an easy run to victory for the Hubli racer, especially in Race 2 where he faced pressure from Allwin Xavier in the closing stages. It ended up being a photo finish between the two, with Shetty holding on by a sliver.
1. Anish D. Shetty – 13mins 30.381secs
2. Anfal Akdhar – 13mins 33.862secs
3. Raj Kumar – 13mins 36:164secs
1. Anish D. Shetty 13mins 51.720secs
2. Allwin Xavier – 13mins 51.749secs
3. Anfal Akdhar – 13mins 53.111secs
Ruhaan Alva entered Round 3, having won every single race in the Novice Cup class. However, the youngster’s victory streak was finally broken. Despite crossing the line first in Race 1, he was handed a 10-second penalty for crossing the white line at the pit exit. This handed the win to his MSport teammate Jaden R. Pariat.
However, Alva was back to his winning ways in the next two races.
1. Jaden R. Pariat (MSport) – 24mins 43.808secs
2. Gaurav Kochar (Momentum Motorsport) – 24mins 44.340secs
3. Neym Rizvi (MSport) – 24mins 45.218secs
1. Ruhaan Alva (MSport) – 16mins 12.199secs
2. Jaden R. Pariat (MSport) – 16mins 12.578secs
3. Neym Rizvi – 16mins 13.001secs
1. Ruhaan Alva (MSport) – 14mins 36.939secs
2. Adheet Parashar (Hasten Performance) – 14mins 48.212secs
3. Jaden R. Pariat (MSport) – 14mins 48.575secs