UPDATE: The 2019 Mercedes-Benz Classic Car Rally will go ahead as scheduled, however, flag off will be delayed to 11:10am.
The stage is set for the Mercedes-Benz Classic Car Rally 2019 that will take place on Sunday, November 10, 2019, in Mumbai. The sixth edition of the rally will be the grandest one yet, featuring over 100 classic Mercedes-Benz cars. Entries to the event have been closed, with slots filled up by the finest Mercs in India.
Some of the star cars of the MBCCR 2019 include:
- Mercedes-Benz 300SL (one of few single-owner cars of its type in the world)
- Mercedes-Benz Nurburg (one from the handful of examples worldwide)
- Mercedes-Benz 500K (believed to be Heinrich Himmler’s car)
- Mercedes-Benz Adenauer limousines
- Mercedes-Benz 170V in almost all body styles
- Mercedes-Benz 230L Pullman from 1938
- Every generation of the Mercedes-Benz SL
- Every generation of the Mercedes-Benz S-class
- Every generation of the Mercedes-Benz E-class
- First generation of the C-class (W201)
- Other modern classics like Mercedes-Benz SECs and SLCs
MBCCR 2019 also coincides with the ongoing celebrations to commemorate 25 years of Mercedes-Benz in India. Special exhibits will include the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (in Coupe and Roadster forms) and the Maybach 62 - all cars which have become collectible modern classics the world over.
Some of the distinguished participants in this year’s MBCCR include Viveck Goenka, Chairman and Managing Director of the Express Group, Yuvraj Himanshu of Gondal, and industrialist Gautam Singhania. The participant list also includes Hormusji Cama, Nirmal Bhogilal, Abbas Jasdanwala, Vikram Bokey and artist Vinaykumar Chumble
The route map for the rally is below. Do keep an eye out for the old Mercs. It is sure to be a Sunday well spent.