Volkswagen’s first all-new product in many years for the Indian market, the Tiguan is also the automaker’s second SUV to be offered here after the slow-selling Touareg. Priced from Rs 27.98 – 31.38 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), the Tiguan is being assembled by the automaker at its Aurangabad, Maharashtra, plant.
Volkswagen’s new SUV is currently being offered only with a single diesel engine paired with a seven-speed DSG gearbox and four-wheel drive as standard. The motor, a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder unit, is good for 143hp and 340Nm of torque. VW claims that the SUV can return 17.06kpl.
Unlike other VW models currently offered by the brand, the Tiguan comes in only two trim levels – Comfortline and Highline.
In terms of equipment, the Comfortline (Rs 27.98 lakh) offers:
• Auto LED headlamps
• 17-inch alloy wheels
• Three-zone auto climate control
• Heated front seats with electric adjust for driver, with memory
• Heated wing mirrors with electric adjust, retract and memory function
• Cruise control
• Touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
• Smartphone-based navigation function
• Drive model select
• Paddle shifters
• Front, side and curtain airbags
• ABS and ESC
• Hill descent control
• Front and rear parking sensors
• Rain sensing wipers
• Tyre pressure monitoring system
Apart from the above, the top Highline trim (Rs 31.38 lakh) adds in:
• LED tail-lamps
• Panoramic sunroof
• Larger 18-inch alloy wheels
• Illuminated scuff plates
• Keyless entry and go
• Easy open boot with one-touch closing function
• Self-sealing tyres
• Reverse parking camera
As seen from the above, Volkswagen is offering quite a bit of kit as standard for its new SUV, though at Rs 27.98 lakh for the entry-level model, the Tiguan is priced on the higher side.
Volkswagen Tiguan launched
Take a closer look at the Tiguan in our image gallery