Maruti first introduced the SmartPlay infotainment system on the Ciaz Z+ trim. The company now plans to offer the same infotainment system in the other models in its lineup. The next car expected to get the SmartPlay will be the updated Ertiga, which is expected to launch in the next few months. The Swift and Dzire are also likely to get the system later this year, to take on rivals such as the likes of the Tata Zest and Bolt which employ a Harman-sourced touchscreen infotainment system. It seems plausible that Maruti could also offer this system in the S-Cross, YRA hatchback and the YBA compact SUV, once they are launched in our market.
As with the Ciaz, the SmartPlay unit will result in an additional trim above each of these cars’ top trims. This will be called the Z+ and should be available with both petrol and diesel engine options.
What does the Maruti SmartPlay offer?
· 7-inch TFT touchscreen display
· Satellite navigation with voice commands
· Voice recognition; adaptability across Indian accents
· USB, AUX and Bluetooth connectivity
· Pair up to 10 smartphones.
· Display for a dial pad, phonebook and call logs for the paired smartphone
· Smartphone app to control the system remotely
· Display for the car’s rear-view camera (if-equipped)