Autocar India Awards 2013: the winners
9th Jan 2013 7:17 pm
The Duster bagged the Car of the Year award while the Bike of the Year award went to the KTM 200 Duke.
Autocar India ushered in the new year with the Autocar India Awards today. It was a gala evening to celebrate and crown some of the most noteworthy cars and bikes launched last year.
The chief guest of the ceremony was cricketing icon Sachin Tendulkar who is also a car enthusiast and long-time Autocar reader. Big names from the automotive industry were also present at the event.
The prestigious Car of the Year award went to the Renault Duster while the Bajaj KTM 200 Duke bagged the Bike of the Year award. Here are the winners in the other categories.
1. Best value for money car of the year – Alto 800
2. Best design and styling award – Hyundai Elantra
3. Best variant of the year – 2012 Chevrolet Cruze
4. Manufacturer of the year – Mahindra & Mahindra
5. Technology and innovation award – New Range Rover
6. Best driver’s car of the year – BMW 3-series
7. Compact car of the year – Chevrolet Sail
8. Saloon car of the year – Hyundai Elantra
9. Luxury saloon of the year – BMW 3-series
10. SUV of the year – Renault Duster
11. Premium SUV of the year – SsangYong Rexton
12. Luxury SUV of the year – Mercedes Benz M-class
13. MPV of the year – Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
14. Import bike of the year – Ducati 1199 Panigale
15. Premium bike of the year – Kawasaki Ninja 650
16. Viewer’s choice car of the year – Renault Duster
17. Viewer’s choice bike of the year – KTM 200 Duke
18. Best performance car of the year – Porsche Boxster S
For a full report of the Bloomberg TV-Autocar India Awards 2013, see Autocar India’s February 2013 issue.
Watch video here